Author Topic: Fallout III  (Read 19388 times)

Offline Make Tea Not War

• Cybernetic Grunt
  • Nipples are made 2 be pierced!
    • View Profile
Fallout III
« on: July 28, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »
This game is gonna be awesome! They say that it´s gonna be like oblivion but in the future, and with a more comic touch. YEEEY!!!
I was struck by lighting
Walkin' down the street
I was hit by something last night in my sleep
It's a dead man's party
Who could ask for more
Everybody's comin', leave your body at the door

Offline EvilCouch

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Worlds Worst WebComic
Re: Fallout III
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 11:17:08 PM »
I played a demo version at PAX last weekend. It's not bad. I think it could use a little more of the original Fallout black humor, but all in all, it's looking pretty fun.

The new Pipboy 3000 is wrist-mounted and is pretty easy to navigate by Xbox 360 controller. I think I'm basically done with PC games, but I'm almost certain to pick Fallout 3 up for the 360.

Offline xeno

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 01:34:47 AM »
Game rocks, just don't rush to finish the main quest...

Operation Anchorage otoh, was a big dissapointment for me :(

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 03:18:59 AM »
Game in general was a big dissapointment to me. Mainly because I cant stand the post apocalyptic world stuff. To much brown shades.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Splintr

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 10:10:31 AM »
this game was awsome for the first 2 weeks then it faded and i barly played it again :(

Offline Jib

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 02:09:36 PM »
this game was awsome for the first 2 weeks then it faded and i barly played it again :(

Same here, then 2 months later my wife ridiculed me till I started playing again only to beat the main story line.  Now I'm going to sell it on ebay.

Offline Pathogen

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 02:51:47 PM »
I like it!

I played it for about a month, then put it down for a couple month, then started back with a new character.  It's tough to be neutral, being an evil maniac is simple!
Ride Fast, Take Chances!

Offline konir

• Digital Grunt
  • Meep
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 12:01:58 PM »
bad game...had some funny touches but over all I thought it was like oblivion, to repetive....caves looks exactly the same and that kind of stuffs, you've been in one you've been in them all.
I haven't managed to finish either oblivion or fall out 3 beacuse of boredom before THE EPIC HEROIC ENDING appered.
I prefer stalker
The sad thing with common sense is that it isn't common

Offline Kasimodo

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 09:17:02 AM »
Well I finally had time to play it more than a few minutes during the holidays and I disagree. Fallout 3 is great, it's a lot of fun and even though the cave crawling and such might be somewhat repetitive, it's still a lot of fun due to the diversity of quests, the different paths and options you can go etc. One of the best games of the last years. Then again, I like dark future settings. My girlfriend thought the game too brutal/bloody and too grey/lifeless otherwise but then again, she doesn't play computer games anyways.

Offline Dystopia

• Digital Grunt
  • The Scrapyard Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 06:50:05 PM »
I was hooked on fallout 3 til borderlands came out. Now having played both for a while, I feel borderlands is even more superior than fallout 3. :P People compare the two, they do have a similar feel, so I think it is justified to compare them.

Modding fallout 3 made it a lot more interesting for a lot of people, depending what platform you got it on, you could make mods with the geck if you have it for pc.

It is a bit repetitive but aren't a lot of rpg's anyway?

These games are just going to get better I think. Hopefully RAGE will be coming out sometime this year, also seems to have the same feel of fallout 3 and borderlands. Looks intense from the teaser trailers.

The walls are burning there is no sun.

Offline xeno

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 06:52:16 PM »
been replaying it now, including all expansions...

I bought the game of the year edition for ps3. couldn't be arsed to deal with the Windows Live shit, especially after last time when I managed to get my savegames bound to a local live account, but the expansion bound to my real windows live account, so I had to choose between dropping my savegames or the expansion...

Anyway, playing it again now is incredible, and the expansions are pretty huge and great (at least the brotherhood of steel one, playing "the pitt" now, and looking forward to point lookout)

but if you have a choice, avoid the PS3 edition. It's so buggy it's not even funny. VATS suddenly slow down so it takes 10 minutes to let it complete the action (= 4 shots), random freezes that I need to restart my ps3 to handle and so on...  either they didn't test it much for the ps3 at all, or they just couldn't be arsed to fix it... I mean, it's like 10 crash like incidents pr. gaming session...

Offline xeno

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 01:59:05 AM »
Btw, just noticed that there's a followup incoming, Fallout: Las Vegas.

Same engine, but a new game. Really looking forward to it.

Offline SteelheadOverseer

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 02:46:48 AM »
It's called Fallout: New Vegas
"Everyone looks brave holding a machine gun."

"Try not to look important. They may be low on ammo."

Offline Sylem X

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Forethought
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 03:55:47 PM »
oh cool! definitely gonna look out for that :)
--SMX

Offline db

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 11:04:35 PM »
Best video game ever! Try it with a female character ;) that change a lot of thing if you are tired.

anything