Author Topic: CANCER  (Read 14531 times)

Offline faelaenx

• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
CANCER
« on: November 22, 2009, 08:44:18 AM »
i know most sheeple will glance over this, but fuck you it's important to me. My Grandmother, the Matriarch of my family, has been battling cancer for over 2 years. She lost a whole lung and a breast and still fights HARD. i think this is the last 'holiday' season i will ever spend with her. So i will be gone for a while -online- but that is perchance no change considering i've been mute for over a year. So why am i saying this? Something as silly as a plug....but an important one. i normally don't advocate this shite but.....'meh'.......

http://www.metropolis-mailorder.com/

if you've ever felt the hard tears and cold pain, then please, pledge. i don't give a fuck what your politics are, NO ONE DESERVES TO SUFFER LIKE THAT.Thank you for reading this.
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: CANCER
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 12:47:21 PM »
Good luck with everything then. I hope you have a few nice months with your grandmother, or with your family or whatever.

I might buy it, but Im completely broke right now.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline wysiwyg

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 12:53:09 PM »
It's a safe bet I'll buy the album. I heard about it before and much of what I like to listen to is on the Metropolis label.

Also, my Mom is currently fighting cancer too.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Offline Pyramid_Head

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 01:03:16 PM »
that looks like a really good compilation, i will definately be picking this up, its for a good cause too, cancer is one of those things that is indiscriminate about the people it claims, it seems to take some of the best
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Offline sinaptic

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 04:13:28 PM »
I’m planning on buying this comp. It has a good collection of artists, and more importantly, the cause is good.

As you said, No one deserves the suffering this disease inflicts. No one.

Offline faelaenx

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 03:22:04 PM »
i apologize if i was a bit brusque initially, but it does this soul well to see all thine support. She's just coming back from the Doctor's shortly here - she's in a clinical trial, 1 of 12 people taking a new drug and she was having panic attacks and hyperventilating, so now she's on anti-anxieties - and from all of us on this mountaintop in Tennessee, we wish you all a very, very THANKSGIVING
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 05:22:50 PM »
i apologize if i was a bit brusque initially, but it does this soul well to see all thine support. She's just coming back from the Doctor's shortly here - she's in a clinical trial, 1 of 12 people taking a new drug and she was having panic attacks and hyperventilating, so now she's on anti-anxieties - and from all of us on this mountaintop in Tennessee, we wish you all a very, very THANKSGIVING

No one will blame you for being passionate about a very difficult thing in your life.  All I saw was anger at the situation, understandably, and not anything directed towards anyone, save the sheeple, and we all hate the sheeple. :)

edit: I'm not the praying type, but I'll keep you and your grandmother in my thoughts.  I will certainly purchase at least one of these compilations. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 05:28:41 PM by Drewthetexan »
Men have become the tools of their tools.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline evaluna

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 04:28:43 PM »
I just lost my Mum. Cancer sucks is an understatement. She was diagnosed in the ER. In 5 short weeks it spread like wildfire through her. Hugs to all going through this now, sufferers & families alike.
I am circulating the link to this compilation on facebook and will be getting a copy.
-4 The Fight-

Offline vi_6_six

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 05:29:14 PM »
Getting my pre-order in now! Thanks!

Offline faelaenx

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 12:16:14 AM »
I just lost my Mum. Cancer sucks is an understatement. She was diagnosed in the ER. In 5 short weeks it spread like wildfire through her. Hugs to all going through this now, sufferers & families alike.
I am circulating the link to this compilation on facebook and will be getting a copy.
-4 The Fight-

So sorry to hear about your Mum. Parental loss can be amongst the hardest. My dad passed from it in '96, less than 3 months after diagnosis. My Mom's fiance, 4 years ago and within 5 months. i'm so sorry you had so little time, but i can only hope you made the best possible of it. i know it might sound trite, but i think it really is important, oft times for the families'/survivors' psyche more than the sufferers'. Mayhap morbid, but truer than most realize. Hugs back and definitely....
-4 The Fight-

Offline XxjadexX

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 05:49:28 AM »
i lost my some one in my family too passed  but i will be buying it tho not just for him but for other one are still fighting to live

Offline RenRevenge

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 02:16:52 PM »
i lost my nan to cancer earlier on in the year so this will be a definate purchase. In my future job i plan on trying to make a difference with raisng money for different charies

Offline Nadja

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 01:41:08 AM »
Nice compilation and even better because its for a cause.  I'll try to pick it up.  Stuck in a financial rut currently with economy and what all.  Lost my dad one year ago to a massive stroke.  Your compassion and dedication to your grandmother is true blue.  Simply awesome.

Offline faelaenx

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 05:35:26 PM »
First off, thank you all for your words and support and thoughts. i'm just now seemingly OK with sharing it, but she passed on the 13th of January. It's been difficult because mine might be a kind of large family but is also largely closed off to each other. Which i just don't get. Been taking care of my Grandfather and mother and uncle, whom are all taking it rather hard even though we've seen it coming for over 11 years. Yes, 11 years. She fought the good fight as it were, and i for one am grateful that she did so. Some of my best memories are the past decade. She was a hell of a fighter and never took 'no, i'm sorry' for an answer. She was part of a world-wide clinical trial drug that only had 12 participants and she did more than well on it. The Docs were amazed that she had no new growths at all. i think she hung on to make that important, to make the results known and hopefully help others. Unfortunately she was also battling pneumonia for 4 months and that eventually shut her kidneys down. When she got admitted for a simple test on January 11th it was only 2 days after that it happened. And if you've never seen anyone pass from cancer then count your blessings. Because having seen it three times now, it's more than enough for a lifetime. At least she didn't suffer like she was most afraid of.

The point is, i guess, that i thank each of you for your thoughts. i too am not a religious man but i recognize and respect each person's beliefs and find comfort in the community of mankind's ability to share and grieve and eventually grow from each other. To whit, Et All, and all that...my love and gratitude to each and all. Take care and be well.

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 05:53:57 AM »
I am sorry to hear that she passed away.

But damn, 11 years? She had one strong will, thats certainly something to be proud of, and to remember if youd ask me. Ive seen people who didnt last a week.

Well good luck with everything.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred