Author Topic: Eve-Online  (Read 9195 times)

Offline Aetes

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
Eve-Online
« on: February 01, 2008, 05:39:47 PM »
Anyone else play eve online at all? If so it would be kinda cool to see if there are many people here that i have winged with or maybe fought against, since its a single server you never know who you might bump into.

My combat Main - Aetes
My Industrial Main - Burrito man (drunk when I named him ><)
My noob Combat Alt - Mr Mentalcase
I could steal some song lyics and place them in my signature.
I could steal a few lines from a book that are profound.
But I think I will leave that up to you all. I am happy with this for my signature...
"Get stuffed plebs"

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
Re: Eve-Online
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 07:45:24 PM »
Played for a while, like the concept in theory, couldn't get into it in practice
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline Aetes

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 07:56:59 PM »
I prefer it to the Grind of the other games like WOW... I think I have played them all near enough... Eve is the only 1 I bothered to stick with. That and I get to X up into a 300 man Invasion Fleet every now and then. Now that is PVP... Just a shame it takes 3-4 months to get good enough to play at that level, and a year a more to get into the capital ships and do well out there.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 07:59:26 PM by Aetes »
I could steal some song lyics and place them in my signature.
I could steal a few lines from a book that are profound.
But I think I will leave that up to you all. I am happy with this for my signature...
"Get stuffed plebs"

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 09:02:12 AM »
Yeah, I don't dislike the system, I just got bored waiting to get the good ships =p
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline Danoth

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 03:29:47 PM »
well Aetes, i play this game all the time.

In fact im in your corp :P

IG Name - Kamchuk

Its a great game purely because you dont have to be an awesome power gamer to get good

Offline Kasimodo

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 09:02:47 AM »
So ... not many people seem to play Eve it seems, huh? Thread necromancy is fun ;)
Been playing Eve since 2004 with a few short breaks in between but it's definitely the best MMORPG out there if you can tackle the steep learning curve in the beginning. It beats WoW on so many levels I don't even know where to begin. Having played on almost all sides of the big war out in 0.0, done PvE and industry as well I still enjoy it. WoW got me bored within 3 months and then again in 2 when I returned a year later. I no longer look back.
And I listen to this station whenever I don't have to be on TS which is like half of the time unfortunately.

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 11:58:44 AM »
I played for a couple of years starting in 2006, I stopped about a year ago.  Definitely loved the game but I always felt just behind the power curve in skills.  Just when I got trained up on something they nerfed it all to hell.  The constant tweaking started to chap my ass.

The lack of time I could spend meant the time I was spending was to raise funds - the time sink for logistics becomes a major detractor if you aren't completely settled and "secure" where you are, which doesn't really exist anywhere in eve, save empire space, and even then the isk/hr rate sucks.

I was really disappointed when they made it much easier to scan ships out.  it used to be an art to find abandoned ships safe-spotted 200-500 a.u.'s out.  I could spend hours hunting a ship down, just to do it.  That was my favorite thing to do.  Now, they are all gone.

Men have become the tools of their tools.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline thinkingthing

• Cybernetic Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 12:07:18 PM »
Tried eve because of the beautiful banner ads they run, but I didn't like it.

But I really enjoyed the soundtrack. Been exploring Space Music, which apparently is a real music genre, it's like new age only not on Prozac and it emphasizes large chamber acoustics. David Arkesntone has this track called Entropy which is positively badass, it sounds like Front Line Assembly waking up. Other good tracks:

Tim Story: Liquid Shadow Night
John Serrie: Hidden World
Steve Roach: Birth of Still Places
Robert Rich: Mythos

Mix in VNV Nation's Ghost, Assemblage 23's Horizon, and FLA's Transmitter and you have a decent work playlist...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 12:13:17 PM by thinkingthing »

anything