Author Topic: Strategy Games  (Read 28580 times)

Offline K0brA

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Strategy Games
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 10:05:49 AM »
Ok I'm a huge fan of RTS style games, and as for 2010 and games now, Starcraft was always a win, and Starcraft 2 I am waiting for with great anticipation. Also, Supreme Commander (and the Forged Alliance expansion) was an extreme win, and I'm waiting for Supreme Commander 2 with I think more anticipation than Starcraft 2.. and as for ooooold games, only sort of strategy based, Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters.. Best game of it's time, and ever lol. And I've noticed a theme in my favorite games... All have the acronym "SC" haha. Awesomesauce.

-K0brA-

Offline Pyramid_Head

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 11:46:05 AM »
i hear blizzard plans to make each species campaign on a seperate disk at a seperate price, like they dont make enough money with warcraft, throw us a freggin bone here, if this is actually what takes place, I dont care how good a game it is I refuse to be the victim of corporate greed, blizzard can shove it up their arse
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 02:31:29 PM »
Nah, I heard that each disk contains like a full game worth of missions and shit. So its basically so that Starcraft 2 consists of 3 separate games.

At least, they better be doing that.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Pyramid_Head

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2010, 02:37:24 PM »
thats crap they can easily fit all 3 campaigns in one box whether it be in 3 disks or 1, the point is we shouldnt have to pay 3 times to get a whole game experience
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Offline Oekelboter

• Digital Grunt
  • ~if it's Trade, it's legal (Dutch proverb)~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2010, 09:05:16 PM »
On the Old-tour...

Anyone remember Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate?
Gameplay linkylink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOXe0RfMHvo
Played that turn-based strategy thingy to bits.
Even had an editor to make your own scenarios (tougher ones for me and Deathtraps for friends ;).

Not sure if this still plays on XP or later though...

Offline K0brA

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2010, 04:09:51 PM »
Personally, I don't know if I'd cave and get SC2 still even if they did that whole 3 separate disks thing.. I'd definitely frown upon them for doing that, but I dunno if I'd cave and buy as well haha. Maybe.. But nothing will stop me from getting Supreme Commander 2!! Except of course the lack of a release xD

And as for warhammer: nope o.o never played it.. I have the newerish one on the xbox 360, but I just couldn't get into it.. Played through some of the first mission and just turn it off.. Not sure why, but it's so hard for me to get into that game.

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2010, 05:47:32 AM »
There is a warhammer strategy game on the Xbox?

I heard Relic is making one, but I thought that one was far from being finished.

As for Supreme Commander 2, I dunno. 1 got a little boring after a while. It just took to long to make a significantly big enough army. Especially the higher tech units. I dont like waiting 5 minutes before the highest tech ship is done. Of course, you could speed it up to 2 minutes, but that meant you where suddenly all out of resources.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

anything