Author Topic: Rally/March to Restore Sanity and/or Fear  (Read 5198 times)

Offline faelaenx

• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
Rally/March to Restore Sanity and/or Fear
« on: October 17, 2010, 02:12:55 AM »
So i don't know how many of you Americans out there respect Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert as real journalists the way they deserve, but i'm curious if anyone on here follows them?

Personally, i'm going to the rally on 10/30/10 and that's a huge thing for me to give up Samhain by going to some city filled with people i don't (care to) know.

Anyone else here in the states going? Just curious.
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Rally/March to Restore Sanity and/or Fear
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 10:39:37 AM »
I don't know that I would call them journalists, necessarily. They certainly discuss current events and their topics are newsworthy, but they make a living from mocking people. They are both comedians first.

Colbert's recent foray into a congressional hearing was a farcical joke at best. These two ridicule politicians for doing ridiculous things, and sometimes they are spot on with their commentary. It doesn't make them experts though, they simply call things like they see them. That's what good comedians do. 

That said, I almost exclusively gathered most of my national and international news bits for a weekly current events quiz in a journalism class that I took by watching these guys.
Men have become the tools of their tools.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline sinaptic

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 03:45:56 PM »
I wish I could go... but, work continues to kick my ass. It would be hard to leave town, even for a few days...

I certainly respect them for what they do. I don't know how many times I've tuned into one or both of their shows and learned about a real, breaking story that wasn't mentioned anywhere in the "mainstream" news media.

That aside, well, it's just good humor too. The current state of our political system provides an endless well of material.

Offline billiskye92

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 07:45:42 AM »
Sadly I don't know if I will be able to, but I would love if someone could post a link So I could watch it once I have the time. http://facebook.com/lovelesskaden ( emo I know lol )

anything