Author Topic: Israelian attack on help convoy  (Read 30613 times)

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
Israelian attack on help convoy
« on: June 03, 2010, 02:31:36 PM »
Yeah, another serious topic.

Just curious what peoples thoughts are on this. Do you think that Israel was justified in attacking that convoy filled with aid goods or do you think that Israel crossed the line and should finally be punished for this.

My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline tRiCkHaTT

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Israelian attack on help convoy
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 03:35:12 PM »
“We will not let any ships reach Gaza and supply what has become a terrorist base threatening the heart of Israel,” the deputy Defence Minister Matan Vilnai told national radio.

~My questions would be: is Gaza 'truly' in this stance, how long has he been saying that to deaf ears and what were the options for both parties at that given moment...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 06:58:54 AM by tRiCkHaTT »
...where there is a whip~there is a way...

Offline wysiwyg

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 05:43:25 PM »
Great Moments In Military Planning
---------------------------------

Israeli Officer 1: How can we stop the ship without a major incident?

Israeli Officer 2: Tasers?

Israeli Officer 1: No, someone could be soaking wet and you only get one shot anyway.

Israeli Officer 2: How about bean bag rounds?

Israeli Officer 1: Someone could get knocked overboard and drown while stunned!

Israeli Officer 2: I know! We can use paint ball guns! They'll sound like gunshots to civilians to frighten them and won't do more than make someone who is hit angry. That way we could also tell who gave us trouble. We can always switch to bullets in an emergency.

Israeli Officer 1: That sounds like a great idea! What could possibly go wrong?

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 06:09:00 PM »
The middle east needs to be wiped off the face of the earth by China and India.

Men have become the tools of their tools.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline xeno

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 12:44:58 AM »

Just curious what peoples thoughts are on this. Do you think that Israel was justified in attacking that convoy filled with aid goods or do you think that Israel crossed the line and should finally be punished for this.

This is getting a lot of press because it happened in international waters and against foreign citizens, but except for that, it's just another drop in the ocean. Israel has done unjustified stuff and violated human rights continuously for 60 years straight now, with more lethal intent, less justification, and in way larger scale than this.

(EDIT: don't read any glorification of the Palestinian movements into this)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 08:47:02 AM by xeno »

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 08:56:09 AM »

This is getting a lot of press because it happened in international waters and against foreign citizens, but except for that, it's just another drop in the ocean. Israel has done unjustified stuff and violated human rights continuously for 60 years straight now, with more lethal intent, less justification, and in way larger scale than this.

Well yeah, but that makes me wonder why every country reacts so weakly on it. I mean, this was basically an act of war against every country that had citizens on those boats. Why, after 60 years of constant aggression, dont we strike back at Isreal? If it was any other country it would have been wiped from the face of the earth decades ago.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 09:36:03 AM »

This is getting a lot of press because it happened in international waters and against
foreign citizens, but except for that, it's just another drop in the ocean. Israel has done
unjustified stuff and violated human rights continuously for 60 years straight now, with
more lethal intent, less justification, and in way larger scale than this.

Pretty much sums it up right there.

I went to school and worked with a Palestinian immigrant for a few years. He gave me some interesting perspective into the whole issue. We had to go through a security gate to get into work at the time (DoD contractor) and he said it was exactly like how it was to get from the west bank to Israel. He felt like they pretty much got booted out of their country.

And, apparently Palestinians have no love for Iran, even though they are enemies of Israel too. It seems the Sunni-Shi'a rift runs that deep.  

A side story, in true DG forum fashion: he was a naturalized U.S. citizen and came over with relatives. His father, and presumably most of his immediate family had stayed back in the West Bank. In the U.S., you have to fill out a FAFSA form to receive financial aid for college. One of the infuriating aspects is that for students under 23 years old, you have to include your parents' income as part of your income so they can determine how much money you have - even if you are completely independent of them, estranged, or whatever, unless they are dead or you had legally documented exigent circumstances, you must include their income or your application is rejected.  

The problem was not that my buddy couldn't document his father's income so much as there wasn't really a way to translate goats to something the FAFSA would recognize. No money, just goats.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:37:59 AM by Drewthetexan »
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 09:38:48 AM »

Well yeah, but that makes me wonder why every country reacts so weakly on it. I mean, this was basically an act of war against every country that had citizens on those boats. Why, after 60 years of constant aggression, dont we strike back at Isreal? If it was any other country it would have been wiped from the face of the earth decades ago.

Would you invade a country armed with nuclear weapons and backed by the U.S.?
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline mnemon

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 11:31:45 AM »

Asians have no interest and all the major Western players are their buddies because they keep other middle east countries weak and US in control of oil trade.

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 03:54:23 PM »
Would you invade a country armed with nuclear weapons and backed by the U.S.?

Yes.

Its not like they can use those nukes on anything other then their neighbors and in doing so they would sign their own destruction. Not even the US would back them up if they nuked anything. Besides, Washington is not amused with Israel at the moment. I think they would condemn the attacks and send financial aid, but leave it at that.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Oekelboter

• Digital Grunt
  • ~if it's Trade, it's legal (Dutch proverb)~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 08:03:20 AM »
This is fishy in all directions.
I do believe "sincerety" is the biggest cussword here.

* "peace convoy"-participants beating military personel with metal rods and then Horror! Surprise! them soldiers shoot back...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmhgPUXnzBU&feature=channel
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSFwyWyVo74&NR=1
* a clear statement by Israel in advance about any such attempt and the consequences backed by a history of living up to their threats.
* The non-caring/non-compromising/provocative attitude of all involved parties.
* and a history of conflict (staple enough wrongs on top of each other and no-one knows what they're fighting over anymore.. but fight they will).

To me it looks like every participant with even a minor influence here does not want peace.
As such, all do contribute to this conflict in one way or another and not in positive, permanent solving terms...
I figure they all gain something from the conflict.

Just easy to forget the little unimportant people are the meatshields here.
Guess they don't really add up as a big enough financial cost on the annual balance of any involved party...

And on a sidenote: Can we put the next boat full of Dutch soccerhooligans and send them against Israel? I'd like to see that... Hope they sink the boat right away (Soccermadness in abundance here. Maddening!).

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 11:21:21 AM »

* "peace convoy"-participants beating military personel with metal rods and then Horror! Surprise! them soldiers shoot back...
* a clear statement by Israel in advance about any such attempt and the consequences backed by a history of living up to their threats.
* and a history of conflict (staple enough wrongs on top of each other and no-one knows what they're fighting over anymore.. but fight they will).

To me it looks like every participant with even a minor influence here does not want peace.
As such, all do contribute to this conflict in one way or another and not in positive, permanent solving terms...

Guess they don't really add up as a big enough financial cost on the annual balance of any involved party...

And on a sidenote: Can we put the next boat full of Dutch soccerhooligans and send them against Israel? I'd like to see that... Hope they sink the boat right away (Soccermadness in abundance here. Maddening!).

I totally agree on the soccer hooligans. All the orange crap just hurts my eyes. But lets just add Wilders and his party on that boat as well. No, not just Wilders, lets just put every politician on that boat. They are all criminally incompetent anyways.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 11:29:50 AM »

I totally agree on the soccer hooligans. All the orange crap just hurts my eyes. But lets just add Wilders and his party on that boat as well. No, not just Wilders, lets just put every politician on that boat. They are all criminally incompetent anyways.

can you take our politicians too?
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline creepster

• Don't Take It Personally
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
  • mess with the best - die like the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 12:15:15 PM »

can you take our politicians too?

i'd like to throw in some people i need to deal at work with, too
Theory is when you know everything and nothing works.
Practice is when things work, and no one knows why.
Here we combine theory and practice.
Nothing works and no one knows why.

modified, taken from bash.org

Offline Leviathan

• Cybernetic Grunt
  • Apathy or Indifference? Who knows; who cares?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 03:37:41 AM »
All blockades are in international waters.  Otherwise they would be literally repelling an invasion.  The aguments about this happening in international waters are fucking retarded.  There are 6 main terrorist organizations operating inside of what people insist on calling Palestine.  Palestinian terrorist organizations have resorted to receiving their weapons from the sea because Israel has the best intelligence apparatus in the world and rogue nations and criminal organizations that supply weapons to terrorist organization can not get away with it by bringing them across national borders any more.  This is why there is a blockade.  it is not how the media made it looks where there were some nice peaceful haaji's and all the sudden evil zionist kikes decided to go fuck with people on a peaceful boat ride.

Here is the unemotional, unbiased, unantisemitic truth

http://vimeo.com/12290869
My level of respect for a person is determined by how much they are willing to endure for what they believe in.