Author Topic: The Last Emperor...  (Read 8564 times)

Offline tRiCkHaTT

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
The Last Emperor...
« on: June 07, 2010, 05:17:43 PM »
...where there is a whip~there is a way...

Offline creepster

• Don't Take It Personally
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
  • mess with the best - die like the rest
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Emperor...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 05:45:47 PM »
generally im more into the ufc and i missed this month's ppv being on vacation )=

but they are both good, most of all cyborg (there's not too many women fights anyway)
Theory is when you know everything and nothing works.
Practice is when things work, and no one knows why.
Here we combine theory and practice.
Nothing works and no one knows why.

modified, taken from bash.org

Offline tRiCkHaTT

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 07:29:01 AM »
~not too big on the women's MMA, but I am looking forward to Fedor and Cung Le...two fighters with amazing records.
 I really don't care what organizations there are, I just love fast tech fights (Anderson Silva) and sick KOs...UFC is Pro, but ppl crapping on Fedor for not joining UFC, refuse to realize Fedor blatantly just does not like Dana and neither do I.

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 09:22:47 AM »
Gina Carano.

I'd let her kick my ass all. day. long.
Men have become the tools of their tools.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline creepster

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 11:24:51 AM »
~not too big on the women's MMA, but I am looking forward to Fedor and Cung Le...two fighters with amazing records.
 I really don't care what organizations there are, I just love fast tech fights (Anderson Silva) and sick KOs...UFC is Pro, but ppl crapping on Fedor for not joining UFC, refuse to realize Fedor blatantly just does not like Dana and neither do I.

i agree that dana is not really a likable person, but most of the fighters are and it is just what i can keep up with regularly

i have been watching some pride events and now dream
not to mention the few free events on regular tv (have not followed the wec much though and neither the bodog league ones)

however the ufc show on spike has become more of a soap for guys where i by now think they are *casting* characters rather than actual talent and it has become a real cringe-fest
]=<

Offline tRiCkHaTT

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 03:48:08 PM »
"however the ufc show on spike has become more of a soap for guys where i by now think they are *casting* characters rather than actual talent and it has become a real cringe-fest
]=<"
  ~well said lol...

Offline DJ Wolf

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 07:28:44 AM »
Just spent last saturday and sunday watching UFC 111, 112, 113, 114 and WEC 45,46,47 and 48. All great PPVs. I dont usually watch the TV stuff as, as someone said earlier, too character driven.

I then tonight started to watch the Strikeforce Nashville event in a lead up to Miami, challengers and whatever the last one was called. I really don't like the pyro and dancing girls ( although I like dancing girls in general) on there stuff, reminds me too much of WWE PPVs. The fighters are obviously great but UFC puts on a show and I think they have more respect for the fans being more knowledgeable about MMA.

I haven't yet found any Dream to watch and as far as I knew Pride was bought by UFC. What about K1? Anybody seen much of that. I believe they are here in Australia later this month for the finals.

( I just realised I am post whoring tonight so I apologise to anyone tired of my rhetoric)

Wolf

Offline creepster

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 11:41:29 AM »
Just spent last saturday and sunday watching UFC 111, 112, 113, 114 and WEC 45,46,47 and 48. All great PPVs. I dont usually watch the TV stuff as, as someone said earlier, too character driven.

I then tonight started to watch the Strikeforce Nashville event in a lead up to Miami, challengers and whatever the last one was called. I really don't like the pyro and dancing girls ( although I like dancing girls in general) on there stuff, reminds me too much of WWE PPVs. The fighters are obviously great but UFC puts on a show and I think they have more respect for the fans being more knowledgeable about MMA.

I haven't yet found any Dream to watch and as far as I knew Pride was bought by UFC. What about K1? Anybody seen much of that. I believe they are here in Australia later this month for the finals.

( I just realised I am post whoring tonight so I apologise to anyone tired of my rhetoric)

Wolf

i do not really follow k1 since it is strictly muay thai (kick) boxing and not that wholesome mix of all mma genres ... or so i thought anyway

Offline DJ Wolf

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 05:01:26 AM »
Yes it is, and I think it is a sanitised version of kick boxing as I think there are no back fists and other moves sanctioned. And add to that there no wrapping your hands with thin rope and dipping them into broken glass like Jean Claude Van Dam. More's the pity.

Wolf

Offline tRiCkHaTT

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 11:21:46 PM »
...man...still nothing ><!

Offline tRiCkHaTT

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 01:01:18 PM »
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:03:26 PM by tRiCkHaTT »

Offline tRiCkHaTT

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 12:52:17 AM »
...qq

anything