Author Topic: Suggest some music!  (Read 402734 times)

Offline Tyrant_242

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
    • MySpace page
Re: Suggest some music!
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2008, 04:26:12 PM »
Great, glad to hear it! I hope you likee.

I have a pretty broad tastes (or is that tastes in pretty broads? ;D ) but having listened to EBM/Industrial for decades I tend to gravitate towards the newer more innovative sounds. Mostly enjoying Aggrotech now (I HATE the term 'Hellektro' or 'TerrorEBM', please help me kill it!), but enjoy the old gems now and then (XMtP, Front242, NitzerEbb, OrangeSector) so wouldn't mind more representation of them.

Thought of another band you might want to check out/add:

Eden Synthetic Corps (E.S.C.) on the Dark Dimensions label. (Already checked, they're not RIAA affiliated nor currently present in the database.) Their first album MATTE is aces and would make a nice addition. Particularly recommend the tracks "Steam", "Matte", "Royalty", and their cover of the Kraftwerk song "The Robots". Distorted vocals but interpretable, and good beats, layers and momentum.

Additional:

I'm a little perplexed at some of the songs from groups/albums in the database. The songs I would expect to be featured from an album are the ones that AREN'T there. Perhaps this is an effort to familiarize people with songs from an album other than the ones they always hear in the clubs?

Case in point Android Lust - "The Want" from the same EP. Other tracks are there but not the main title song? I love that song and would love to hear it in rotation.

Also Informatik - "Watching You Watching Me" from Syntax and "A Matter of Time" from Nymphomatik (my favoritist Informatik song). I'd be pleasantly surprised to have these come up on the playlist.

Aside from that I like what I hear. You have a nice diverse collection and I'm glad that I stumbled upon your site. Maybe if you approved my MySpace friends request I could turn more people on to your site? ;) lolz!

Offline swampfeotus

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://www.swampfeotus.org
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2008, 04:27:26 PM »
Thanks for your suggestions, I will pick up some of those CDs.

look your requests have not been simply ignored! yay new music!

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2008, 08:20:00 PM »
Great, glad to hear it! I hope you likee.

I have a pretty broad tastes (or is that tastes in pretty broads? ;D ) but having listened to EBM/Industrial for decades I tend to gravitate towards the newer more innovative sounds. Mostly enjoying Aggrotech now (I HATE the term 'Hellektro' or 'TerrorEBM', please help me kill it!), but enjoy the old gems now and then (XMtP, Front242, NitzerEbb, OrangeSector) so wouldn't mind more representation of them.

Thought of another band you might want to check out/add:

Eden Synthetic Corps (E.S.C.) on the Dark Dimensions label. (Already checked, they're not RIAA affiliated nor currently present in the database.) Their first album MATTE is aces and would make a nice addition. Particularly recommend the tracks "Steam", "Matte", "Royalty", and their cover of the Kraftwerk song "The Robots". Distorted vocals but interpretable, and good beats, layers and momentum.

Additional:

I'm a little perplexed at some of the songs from groups/albums in the database. The songs I would expect to be featured from an album are the ones that AREN'T there. Perhaps this is an effort to familiarize people with songs from an album other than the ones they always hear in the clubs?

Case in point Android Lust - "The Want" from the same EP. Other tracks are there but not the main title song? I love that song and would love to hear it in rotation.

Also Informatik - "Watching You Watching Me" from Syntax and "A Matter of Time" from Nymphomatik (my favoritist Informatik song). I'd be pleasantly surprised to have these come up on the playlist.

Aside from that I like what I hear. You have a nice diverse collection and I'm glad that I stumbled upon your site. Maybe if you approved my MySpace friends request I could turn more people on to your site? ;) lolz!

Oh man, I haven't used MySpace in months. Part of the reason I don't play all the most popular stuff is the reason you guessed, but I try to change things around occasionally.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline birdFEEDER

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2008, 08:08:23 AM »
I've been listening to Digital Gunfire for some time now, yet this is my first post, so Hello All!

Suggested Music: How about some LadyParasyte

http://www.myspace.com/ladyparasyte

The tracks 'Salvage', 'Sirens', and 'The Decadence' are a nice fit for DG.  EBM with female vocals.

Offline Tyrant_242

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
    • MySpace page
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2008, 10:20:59 PM »
EBM: An acronym for Electronic Body Music, a style of "industrial" dance music typified by synthesizer driven tracks, to 4/4 time beats, the occasional cowbell on percussion (more cowbell Richard23!), lead pads sometimes reminiscent of middle eastern themes, and harsh Germanic sounding shouted lyrics.

Other people have defined EBM as "the sound of angry Belgians beating up a working washing machine". 

Probably the most famous examples of EBM acts would be Front242 ("Headhunter"), NitzerEbb ("Join in the Chant") and Armageddon Dildos ("East West").

LadyParasyte would not fit the definition of "EBM".

Some people might also make the argument that LadyParasyte would not fit the definition of "good".

« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 01:09:23 AM by Tyrant_242 »

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2008, 06:09:08 AM »
I think I'd have to concur with that statement.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline xeno

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2008, 12:43:03 AM »

Wouldn't say Armageddon Dildos are really famous nowadays... speaking of which, the track "Sex Monster" is uber and should be added...

Anyways, check out Burikusu:

http://www.allears.se/community/SongPage.aspx?songId=74d4a8ec-a097-4def-8602-da407c56eb7d
(http://www.myspace.com/burikush)

They haven't released any albums and are not signed anywhere, but I bet they would agree if you sent a mail and asked to play
some of their tracks...

Offline kimo_7477

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2008, 12:01:14 PM »
VnV Nation
Apoptygma Berzerk
Assemblage 23
Funker Vogt
Icon of Coil
Lights of Euphoria
Mind.In.A.Box
Evil's Toy

Offline creepster

• Don't Take It Personally
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
  • mess with the best - die like the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2008, 03:12:25 PM »
VnV Nation
Apoptygma Berzerk
Assemblage 23
Funker Vogt
Icon of Coil
Lights of Euphoria
Mind.In.A.Box
Evil's Toy

did you read the topic to this thread?
do you know it is "suggest some music" rather than "list the most common bands aired on DG" ?

if you never stumbled across any of those bands listed, you've never listened to DG more than a millisecond at once
Theory is when you know everything and nothing works.
Practice is when things work, and no one knows why.
Here we combine theory and practice.
Nothing works and no one knows why.

modified, taken from bash.org

Offline creepster

• Don't Take It Personally
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
  • mess with the best - die like the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2008, 06:24:09 PM »
why dont you go ahead and add god module, suicide commando and most of all wumpscut to that list
Theory is when you know everything and nothing works.
Practice is when things work, and no one knows why.
Here we combine theory and practice.
Nothing works and no one knows why.

modified, taken from bash.org

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2008, 06:36:08 PM »
I must lolz @ that.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline swampfeotus

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://www.swampfeotus.org
« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »
<3 creeps

Offline birdFEEDER

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2008, 10:07:06 PM »
EBM: An acronym for Electronic Body Music, a style of "industrial" dance music typified by synthesizer driven tracks, to 4/4 time beats, the occasional cowbell on percussion (more cowbell Richard23!), lead pads sometimes reminiscent of middle eastern themes, and harsh Germanic sounding shouted lyrics.

Other people have defined EBM as "the sound of angry Belgians beating up a working washing machine". 

Probably the most famous examples of EBM acts would be Front242 ("Headhunter"), NitzerEbb ("Join in the Chant") and Armageddon Dildos ("East West").

LadyParasyte would not fit the definition of "EBM".

Some people might also make the argument that LadyParasyte would not fit the definition of "good".

Fair play mate.  No need to dole out the EBM lesson, I've been buying 242 and NitzerEbb since 1988, I "think" I've got a handle on it.  But I will agree with you: EBM isn't the first thing that comes to mind when attempting to categorize her music, but I thought "Decadence", at a minimum, would fit the bill.  Besides, DG plays much more than just EBM, hence a "suggestion" thread.

I can also appreciate that you don't like the tracks, again, just a suggestion. DG has a lot of great tracks in its catalogue, I also find some to be redundantly derivative.  No worries though, DG is by far and large an awesome stream and I'd be lost without it.

At any rate, I'd then suggest some Tribantura, Signal Aout42, or older Talla 2XLC.  Yeah, I'm partial towards the older EBM before all the Trancey sounds invaded the genre. :D

Offline scavi

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2008, 08:42:08 AM »
My propositin is Nowy Horyzont- B.L.A.B its very uniqe song .
Its very difficult to linsten this one but in my opininon its very cool.
It have been 15 years that i dont listen this one.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2008, 06:25:55 AM »
Just ordered a couple of suggestions from this thread, keep them coming!
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

anything