Author Topic: Suggest some music!  (Read 495331 times)

Offline osteomy

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Suggest some music!
« Reply #405 on: February 20, 2010, 09:03:48 AM »
I would wet myself if i heard Helltrash on here.  Maybe not the ideal candidate for DG, but i like it.
Inhumanitas omni aetate. Nemo sine vitio est. Omnes fuit.

Offline DJ_DarkCloud

• Digital Dragoon
  • "The Darker the Cloud the better." ~DJ Nocturna
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 23, 2010, 02:47:28 PM »
I would wet myself if i heard Helltrash on here.  Maybe not the ideal candidate for DG, but i like it.

I just wet myself hearing "Silent Space" by Dekoy playing at the time of this post!!!
"We are nothing more then temoprary" ~Informatik
"And if I'll ever find another way I'll claim another life"
twitter.com/DJDarkCloud

Offline DJ_DarkCloud

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 23, 2010, 04:19:33 PM »
I also see Encoder in the player now! YAY!

Have you heard the 2nd album by them yet? Slivers of Time

It's a awesome album with some really good club tracks.
twitter.com/DJDarkCloud

Offline DJ_DarkCloud

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 01, 2010, 06:44:09 PM »
Lunascape - "Mindstalking"

The original is great, I wasn't too fond of the remixes of this song though.
twitter.com/DJDarkCloud

Offline DJ_DarkCloud

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 05, 2010, 01:58:57 PM »
I think I just wet myself hearing Encoder on DG! FUCK YEA!
twitter.com/DJDarkCloud

Offline DJ_DarkCloud

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 09, 2010, 01:12:28 PM »
"Go Film" by Covenant
twitter.com/DJDarkCloud

Offline silentauction

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 09, 2010, 03:55:49 PM »
Introducing Hybrid Pop - the NEW face and sound of Electronic Pop Music

December 15, 2009 (Rochester, New York) - Rochester, New York based Electronic Pop band Silent Auction has released their newest CD entitled "Good Girl Remix EP" on December 15.
This release has six tracks, three of which are original and self produced Silent Auction songs and the remaining three are, as the title suggests, colorful and unique remixes of the title track. All six tracks joined on one disc create a landscape of energy and sound, combining the fierce pulse of an underground electronic dance club with the crisp lyrics and catchy hooks of the new generation of pop music. Although this is the band's sixth self-released album, it reflects a solid new direction into modern Electronic Pop.

This new release marks a huge step for us as writers and performers says Terri Snyder, who is co-writer, co-producer and female vocals for Silent Auction.We're showing everyone that we're not afraid to take risks. We've accepted our personal challenge to break the obvious barrier between underground/industrial and pop music. We're fans of both and this EP shows it."
Jason, founding member of Silent Auction and the other co-writer, co-producer and male vocals adds, "Our passion for heavy synthetic sounds, percussive details and colorful melodies has really brought us together in our writing styles. Terri and I are collaborating now more than ever! It's so exciting." With a chuckle he adds, "I guess you could call it 'Hybrid Pop'.
The "Good Girl Remix EP" is now available on most digital download sites, including iTunes, Amazon, and Napster. Having only been available for promotional use for two weeks, it has already been requested by DJs across the United States. The band's website, www.silentpro.com, is experiencing the highest traffic count it has ever seen. Releasing this EP on their own has become a journey through local talent (album cover illustration, marketing strategies), self-taught mixing and mastering, and cost effective merchandising (screen printing their own t-shirts).

Voted by the general public as one of Rochester's top four original bands in 2009, Silent Auction is certainly breaking out of its previous underground shell. The band is compromised of Jason Barbero, Terri Snyder, and drummer Brendan Bulson. They are currently preparing their live performance to adjust to this release and their upcoming full length album, due to be released in the Spring/Summer of 2010. Also, Silent Auction's song "Deliverance" will be on the upcoming "Electronic Saviors: Industrial Music to Cure Cancer" release under Metropolis Records, due out February 9, 2010.  This five CD benefit compilation features 83 of the world's leading Electronic/Industrial artists joining forces to raise money for cancer research. Silent Auction was invited to donate a hopeful song for this compilation.

Offline silentauction

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 09, 2010, 04:06:49 PM »
My fiancee and I will be in your area for our honeymoon in May and we are trying to find some cool Goth / Electro clubs to visit and also hand out some promos to as well.
Can anyone suggest a few places to visit , radio stations and info to contact, people we should meet?

Our band is Silent Auction
www.silentpro.com
My email is
silentprodotcom@yahoo.com
Please feel free to toss your suggestions our way and please use a subject header of honeymoon.
THANK YOU
Jason Barbero

Offline DJ_DarkCloud

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 09, 2010, 07:09:57 PM »
I hear Google.com does wonders when your looking for information...
twitter.com/DJDarkCloud

Offline diseased

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 16, 2010, 06:09:08 AM »
I'd like to suggest (a now defunct) UK band called Katscan. very good fun and remind me of an updated Alien Sex Fiend vibe.

http://www.katscan.net/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfAUQXh5hY8

Dis

Offline seppuku

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 08, 2010, 06:50:10 PM »
I thought I'd chime up with a band suggestion:

T.H.D. (Total Harmonic Distortion)

Most notable songs:  Matrix, Cyberchrist and Hypo on the "Mechanical Advantage" album.  They were on Hard records and Cleopatra but I'm not sure if they have regained full control again.

From what I understand their latest material is currently unsigned.

Last contact I have is http://www.myspace.com/totalharmonicdistortionthd

Finally, as always, keep up the high quality programming.
Life = (Happiness)•(Happiness)/(Anger)•(Self-Loathing)

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 09, 2010, 09:17:47 AM »
I went to the A23 show last night. One of the opening bands is Angel Theory. They put on a decent live show. I listened to some of their stuff on myspace and it is a little more ... tame? Worth checking them out, I think.

Also, another group that I happen to be a big fan of is CTRL, they have a new album out - Lost in Static. I think there are at least a few tracks on there worth looking at. Assemblage 23 did a remix of the title track "Lost in Static" that was released on a 2008 single that I think is pretty good too (Has A23 ever done a bad remix?) as did XP8.
Men have become the tools of their tools.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline Faulted

• Digital Grunt
  • +[Subjective Analysis]+
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 22, 2010, 03:39:09 AM »
nolongerhuman please :)

Offline xeno

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 02, 2010, 12:23:46 AM »

I accidentally stumbled upon this band named Midnight Resistance, that I think is really good.
It's fast trancy synthpop (in the style of Celsium 137) - it's a call of judgement if it fits DG or
not, but nontheless it's really good :)

http://www.myspace.com/themidnightresistance

The shitty thing which I just noticed now is that it's published through Sony :/

Also, Chris Pool has made a BlutEngel album that isn't a BlutEngel album, named "Behind the Mirror".
Mostly instrumental, more industrial sounding, and the little vocal's that are there are not the regular BlutEngel vocals... recommend you check it out...  (most songs might be a bit too calm though)
(if I heard the songs without knowing, there's no way in hell I would suspect it was BlutEngel)

Offline mikepowell512

• Cybernetic Grunt
  • Always hardcore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 02, 2010, 07:54:17 PM »

I accidentally stumbled upon this band named Midnight Resistance, that I think is really good.
It's fast trancy synthpop (in the style of Celsium 137) - it's a call of judgement if it fits DG or
not, but nontheless it's really good :)

http://www.myspace.com/themidnightresistance

The shitty thing which I just noticed now is that it's published through Sony :/

Also, Chris Pool has made a BlutEngel album that isn't a BlutEngel album, named "Behind the Mirror".
Mostly instrumental, more industrial sounding, and the little vocal's that are there are not the regular BlutEngel vocals... recommend you check it out...  (most songs might be a bit too calm though)
(if I heard the songs without knowing, there's no way in hell I would suspect it was BlutEngel)

Hmm.. It sounds good.. :P
I can imagine that this is playing by DG..
Live your life according to your own rules.