Author Topic: Android phone streaming  (Read 45770 times)

Offline forgivegod

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Android phone streaming
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 09:31:31 PM »
I'd be happy with bigger cover art and an auto update for new versions

I tried installing over the top of the last version and it failed, had to uninstall previous

I guess I can upload it to the android marketplace so you can get an auto update goig. I'll get it up there tomorrow.

Offline koggen

• Bandwidth Donator
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Digital Gunfire
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 06:33:21 AM »
A little off topic but anyway ... Which Android phones are recommendable? I have only seen some HTC models and Sony Ericsson, but any advice or recommendations is appreciated.

Offline thinkingthing

• Cybernetic Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 12:04:48 PM »
I'm liking the new interface, pro on keep it simple, stupid (kiss) design. A one-time fee for a one-time download, dedicated app seems pretty resonable. Just not having to mess with it while driving is worth it.

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 12:41:24 PM »
A little off topic but anyway ... Which Android phones are recommendable? I have only seen some HTC models and Sony Ericsson, but any advice or recommendations is appreciated.

I have a HTC Legend which is a fine phone. Very solid, I accidentally dropped it and it fell for like 7 feet and it didnt have a scratch or dent on it. Of course, its not something Id recommend doing, but still.

It looks nice, and well, Android is a nice operating system so yeah. Id say the HTC legend is definitely worth considering.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 04:05:26 PM »
I like the HTC Incredible that I have. If you're going to get one, I would get one of the 'phones already at Android 2.2 with a 1Ghz processor (HTC Incredible, EVO or Motorola Droid X, for example)

I guess I can upload it to the android marketplace so you can get an auto update goig. I'll get it up there tomorrow.

That would be awesome!
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 07:31:01 PM »
OK, so after using this for a couple of days here are my suggestions:

It would be AWESOME if the app would automatically stop streaming when you pick up a call. Right now, if I pick up a call it begins blaring into my bluetooth headset which is a giant pain. This is the #1 most annoying issue for me, I don't know if it's something you can do or not but if you can.... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee do!

If quite often seems to stop playing in between songs and I have to press stop/play to get it going again. Not sure why.

Pulling song title/artist from metadata would be a+++++. I can provide you with a function to get the cdcover by JSON or whatever you want for the current playing track which you can just call when the metadata changes.

Car mode where the screen stays on would also be nice but not a big deal.

App crashes if you are on wifi and move to 3g. This may be an Android issue, but I have noticed it as I drive away from my house.

Otherwise, sweet app :)
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline forgivegod

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 08:49:39 PM »
-It would be AWESOME if the app would automatically stop streaming when you pick up a call.
omg.  I'm on it.
- If quite often seems to stop playing in between songs and I have to press stop/play to get it going again. Not sure why.
- App crashes if you are on wifi and move to 3g. This may be an Android issue, but I have noticed it as I drive away from my house.
I will look into this. I still have a bunch of error handling and binding i need to do.  Ultimately, the play button will turn into a stop button based on if the player is going.
Car mode where the screen stays on would also be nice but not a big deal.
Okies. Maybe this will be the new 2nd button.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 09:31:18 PM »
Or have the screen wake on song change and show the new song.. doesn't necessarily need to be on all the time. Don't know if apps can screen-wake though.

Anyway, I appreciate the app, I've been using it on my 2 hours of commuting every day for the last couple of days ;)
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline koggen

• Bandwidth Donator
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Digital Gunfire
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2010, 12:19:41 PM »
Thanks for the phone suggestions. Sounds really cool to be able to listen to streaming DG in your phone. Tried a HTC Wildfire tonight, I like the OS and general appearance, but I'm still not really friends with the touch screen :(

Offline forgivegod

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2010, 01:09:40 PM »
Anyway, I appreciate the app, I've been using it on my 2 hours of commuting every day for the last couple of days ;)

Thx man,  sorry I've been a bum this week.  Work is riding me a bit hard. I will try to find some time to fix those issues this weekend. Keep the good ideas flowing.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2010, 06:31:45 PM »
No prob, one other thing I've noticed which is weird is sometimes it will seem to skip backwards in time a few seconds and this always seems to precede an upcoming crash/lockup. Generally, if it skips back a few seconds I have to press 'stop' at some point and then 'play' to get it streaming again.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline Salah

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 09:16:34 PM »
Can't seem to find the app in the market, and can't get any sound output from the older link. Using a Samsung Epic.

Offline MeneerBob

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 08:38:03 AM »
Is it possible to get this app running on Android 1.6?
Running 2.2 on my Magic is.. slow..

Offline sinaptic

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2010, 08:53:08 AM »
I wrote my own, you can dL it here :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13227847/DigitalGunfire.apk

You sir, are a god among men. Thank you for providing a workaround for my company's absurd and draconian internet policies, and making it so I don't have to carry around/update a bazillion .mp3s on SD.

Works perfectly - Motorola Droid 2.2

Offline forgivegod

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2010, 10:19:06 AM »
I wrote my own, you can dL it here :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13227847/DigitalGunfire.apk

Thx.  Actually, I feel like bum. I havent had any time to fix all the bugs.  I still have to drive around my town and debug all the connection issues. Simon's got the real credit here. His station has been up for as long as I can remember.

Are you on droid X, 1, or 2?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:07:20 AM by forgivegod »

anything