Author Topic: CoD: Black Ops  (Read 4522 times)

RNC

CoD: Black Ops
« on: October 14, 2010, 08:59:53 PM »
Personally, I'm fucking stoked for this game. MW2 was fantastic and from what I've seen Black Ops should be just as good if not better. I'm most excited to play as the VC online. The whole concept of that just sends shivers down my spine! Anyone else have anything to say about their opinions on the new game?

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: CoD: Black Ops
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 04:49:25 AM »
Personally, I'm fucking stoked for this game. MW2 was fantastic and from what I've seen Black Ops should be just as good if not better. I'm most excited to play as the VC online. The whole concept of that just sends shivers down my spine! Anyone else have anything to say about their opinions on the new game?

I dunno, in my eyes MW2 was a huge failure. Then again, this is a different team thats making this game. But, I hated CoD5 WaW as well, so I remain skeptical. Ill just wait and see if this is good enough for me to actually spend money on. Especially now that there are a bunch of other games that I want probably a lot more like Assassins Creed Brotherhood.

As for multiplayer, I dunno, I never play much mp. If the sp is good, Ill get it, if it sucks balls like in the last 2 games Ill wait till I can get it for 10 bucks.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

RNC

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 12:34:49 PM »
Understandable. I used to prefer games that were really focussed on the single player as well, but the single player modes for the current generation of consoles seem to have gotten a lot shorter. I also enjoy multiplayer a lot because I'm a competitive person. I enjoy winning. I enjoy the mixture of endorphins winning sends to my brain to validate my existence and allow me to think for a few seconds that I am in some way superior to the people I've beaten. I'm also pretty excited for the new Assassin's Creed though. That is an excellent series.

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 11:59:26 AM »
Understandable. I used to prefer games that were really focussed on the single player as well, but the single player modes for the current generation of consoles seem to have gotten a lot shorter. I also enjoy multiplayer a lot because I'm a competitive person. I enjoy winning. I enjoy the mixture of endorphins winning sends to my brain to validate my existence and allow me to think for a few seconds that I am in some way superior to the people I've beaten. I'm also pretty excited for the new Assassin's Creed though. That is an excellent series.

Oh yeah, thats nice, but my internet is pretty shit when it comes to online play. My NAT or something is terrible so joining games is a pain on the Xbox. And besides that, I get bored really really quick with them. And of course, especially with the new mp games where you start out with shit and need to level up, ugh, its just no fun if you spend the first 30 hours playing a game dying with nothing you can do about it. Skill is one thing, but having to face people with superior weapons and attachments simply negates skill at some point.

Somehow, playing against most computer games you can get the difficulty just right, where you get a kick out of winning, but never that dying or something becomes extremely frustrating. Its why I love the Halo series so much.

Also yeah, sp is getting shorter. Thats one reason why Im gonna wait buying CoD BO. I want to make sure the sp is worth spending money on.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

anything