Author Topic: Have some extra copies of AudioSurf for cheap  (Read 14439 times)

Offline swarmofcats

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
Have some extra copies of AudioSurf for cheap
« on: November 30, 2010, 08:48:09 AM »
Audiosurf is a music-adapting puzzle racer where you use your own music to create your own experience. The shape, the speed, and the mood of each ride is determined by the song you choose. You earn points for clustering together blocks of the same color on the highway, and compete with others on the internet for the high score on your favorite songs.

So after trying the trial, I bought a group pack when AudioSurf was on sale last week and still have some copies left over.  If anyone would like a copy, I'm just looking to get back what I paid for them, $1.65 a piece.

I'm typically not big on rhythm games, but the fact that you can import whatever music you like and the fast pace of the game with different game modes and difficulties means it's a great little time killer.  Plus it keeps track of your scores with each song and then shows you how you ranked compared to other people who played that song.  (I hold high scores for "All the Time" by Edge of Dawn and "Lightbringer" by Covenant.  :D )

Example gameplay videos:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=audiosurf+industrial&aq=f

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Have some extra copies of AudioSurf for cheap
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 05:00:20 AM »
That game is awesome, but I already have it.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline diseased

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 10:03:50 AM »
what game mode do you prefer? I pretty much only enjoy Mono being old and slow.

if you haven't tried it I would recommend Beloved by VNV Nation and Breathe by Seabound. Both those provide some truly excellent journeys with a nice mix of slow and fast sections of track - at least for a Mono player :)

Oh - and sorry but I already have a copy

Offline swarmofcats

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 01:05:28 PM »
what game mode do you prefer? I pretty much only enjoy Mono being old and slow.

if you haven't tried it I would recommend Beloved by VNV Nation and Breathe by Seabound. Both those provide some truly excellent journeys with a nice mix of slow and fast sections of track - at least for a Mono player :)

Oh - and sorry but I already have a copy

I like the Pusher on advanced or expert for medium paced songs.  If the song is really fast and clustered then I usually play Vegas because it's the easiest one to work out of trouble.  Pusher is probably my favorite cause it has a lot of strategy and fast thinking involved, but I have to play either Vegas or Ninja Mono for the really fast stuff, cause it just gets too out of control.

They're all fun, though.  :)  I love when there's a break in the song and you know it's about to go ape shit and there's that feeling of, "oh boy, here we go..."  heheh  Like the last minute or so of this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI6Vy-q628M

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 04:57:32 PM »
I love mono. Because it requires no thinking, and I play Audiosurf mainly for relaxing and not for any quick thinking.

And I have some songs standing on my name. Quite a few songs I think, but recently people are catching up and I havent really bothered to try and beat them. And sometimes its rather annoying because all the game modes are on one list and with some game modes you can get like double the points compared to mono. I think they should have made separate lists for every game mode.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline swarmofcats

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 07:37:36 AM »
I love mono. Because it requires no thinking, and I play Audiosurf mainly for relaxing and not for any quick thinking.

And I have some songs standing on my name. Quite a few songs I think, but recently people are catching up and I havent really bothered to try and beat them. And sometimes its rather annoying because all the game modes are on one list and with some game modes you can get like double the points compared to mono. I think they should have made separate lists for every game mode.

Actually I think Mono requires quick thinking, too.  All the modes require fast reflexes, it's just that mono is far less likely to overload you with stuff and is a bit less punishing of your mistakes.

I guess I wouldn't really consider it punishing, though, even on hard modes.  This game is totally made to relax and just enjoy the music while playing.  Compared to something like Starcraft 2 where one wrong attack or lapse of focus causes me to lose a 30+ minute game and tempts me to throw my mouse at the monitor.  ;)

Offline diseased

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 09:21:23 AM »
Lexus, I so agree on the concept of different chars having their own leader table.

One of the reasons I stopped playing was that I got into a very intense battle for top spot on a Velvet Underground song (one of the fast ones...can't remember which) where the pole position was swapped many times. Finally I got a really good score and sat back in satisfaction. Within 30 minutes my anonymous arch foe had responded using a non-mono character and got an unattainable score for Mono.

That really sucked....especially when I had been having so much fun up until then.

I must look at whether I am still leader for any songs....

Offline swarmofcats

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 01:37:30 PM »
On a side note, Steam's Treasure Hunt/Game giveaway gives you a bonus entry if you have 10 ppl on your friends list over the next couple days.  If anyone wants to add a new industrial buddy, search and add me through Steam community:  [LeC] Destroid

Still have copies of the game available.

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 08:15:50 PM »

Actually I think Mono requires quick thinking, too.  All the modes require fast reflexes, it's just that mono is far less likely to overload you with stuff and is a bit less punishing of your mistakes.

I guess I wouldn't really consider it punishing, though, even on hard modes.  This game is totally made to relax and just enjoy the music while playing.  Compared to something like Starcraft 2 where one wrong attack or lapse of focus causes me to lose a 30+ minute game and tempts me to throw my mouse at the monitor.  ;)
Well obviously you still have to think a bit. But I meant it more in a way where you dont have to take 3 or more separate colors in consideration. Just focus on dodging the grey cars and hit the coloured ones. Easy as pie and requires the least brain effort :P

Oh, it appears I cant find your user name on steam?

@Diseased. So far I havent encountered it to often that people gained a top score by using a different character. It seems that most people prefer to ride with mono. But yeah, its kinda lame if someone beats you with a different character. I dont get why they didnt make separate lists to begin with though. I mean, its kinda obvious that if one character can obtain much better scores while other characters dont its kinda lame for the players.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:17:33 PM by Lexus »
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline swarmofcats

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 04:28:27 AM »

Actually I think Mono requires quick thinking, too.  All the modes require fast reflexes, it's just that mono is far less likely to overload you with stuff and is a bit less punishing of your mistakes.

I guess I wouldn't really consider it punishing, though, even on hard modes.  This game is totally made to relax and just enjoy the music while playing.  Compared to something like Starcraft 2 where one wrong attack or lapse of focus causes me to lose a 30+ minute game and tempts me to throw my mouse at the monitor.  ;)
Well obviously you still have to think a bit. But I meant it more in a way where you dont have to take 3 or more separate colors in consideration. Just focus on dodging the grey cars and hit the coloured ones. Easy as pie and requires the least brain effort :P

Oh, it appears I cant find your user name on steam?

That's true, I totally agree with you on that.  I guess it all depends on what kind of mood I'm in, sometimes I like mono and other times I like the other modes.

Steam is pretty weird because of all the different IDs.  There's the profile name, then the community name, then the account names.  "[LeC] Destroid" is my profile name right now, so if you hit the community button and search from there it should come up right away.  You'll see my awesome cat avatar.  =)  (http://steamcommunity.com/id/flonkerton this should be a direct link there, too.)

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 06:27:32 AM »
K thanks, Ive added you.

Also, you got DoW as well? Cool, that game is awesome!
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline swarmofcats

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 04:24:11 PM »
K thanks, Ive added you.

Yeah, just today I finished the basic campaign and started out with the Chaos Rising expansion.  (Was hoping that the expansion campaign would let me control a Chaos army.  But it asked me to import my stuff from the original game so I used my same army which was all level 20s.)  I bought the bundle on Steam--both games for like $14, awesome deal.

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 09:00:59 AM »
K thanks, Ive added you.

Yeah, just today I finished the basic campaign and started out with the Chaos Rising expansion.  (Was hoping that the expansion campaign would let me control a Chaos army.  But it asked me to import my stuff from the original game so I used my same army which was all level 20s.)  I bought the bundle on Steam--both games for like $14, awesome deal.
Lucky you, I bought DoW 2 when it was released and I havent had time or money to get the Chaos Rising set. I might start with Dark Crusade again some time soon. That stays my favourite Dawn of War game.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred