Author Topic: Best DG Suprise  (Read 16629 times)

Offline shadows_illuminated

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
    • My myspace, rarely on but have lots of music references
Best DG Suprise
« on: February 21, 2011, 02:28:19 AM »
What are you favorite band(s) that you found on here that you probably wouldn't have heard otherwise?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 04:08:15 AM by shadows_illuminated »

Offline shadows_illuminated

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
    • My myspace, rarely on but have lots of music references
Re: Best DG Suprise
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 03:04:55 AM »
I really like The Synthetic Dream Foundation from what I've hear so far.

eightball

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 05:55:24 AM »
Cyanotic :)

Offline aphxero

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 02:36:46 AM »
Mindless faith comes to mind. I even went and bought their cd. Like an actual CD!

Offline creepster

• Don't Take It Personally
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
  • mess with the best - die like the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 09:12:30 AM »
Mindless faith comes to mind. I even went and bought their cd. Like an actual CD!

and i thought you meant an actual 8-track when you said cd first
Theory is when you know everything and nothing works.
Practice is when things work, and no one knows why.
Here we combine theory and practice.
Nothing works and no one knows why.

modified, taken from bash.org

Offline aphxero

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 07:24:03 PM »
Yeah I just had to be clear ;)

Offline faelaenx

• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 03:14:54 PM »
What are you favorite band(s) that you found on here that you probably would have heard otherwise?

i assume you meant 'wouldn't'? Though i always hate to assume...
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline faelaenx

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 02:52:39 AM »
Oh, and in response to your actual question:

Mono Chrome (love the fem vocals, top 20 in albums)
Æsthetic Perfection (forever indebted for AVE is now in my top ten in albums)
Emergence (Creeping Hours top 20 in songs)
Faderhead (FH1 top 20 in albums)
Interlace (early days of DG and Imago still remains one of my favs)
Massiv In Mensch (heard Simsalabim on here and had to have it. i know there has been a lot of hate on MIM and the rest of their stuff is OK, but Supermassive Gravity from the Electronic Saviors comp is 'holy shit' -good!
Psyclon Nine (INRI hooked me from the first time i heard them on DG years ago. i don't care who says   what about the sound, but i damn love the sound and i damn love the message)
Ayria
Modulate (i like it hard and dirty=)
Lost Signal
Flesh Field
Grendel
God Module
Agonoize
Reaper
Heimataerde
SEIZE (top 20)
The Retrosic (Desperate Youth top 20 running songs)
Interface

This is only artists i have bought from only hearing on DG over the years. Of course, not my complete playground, but as far as DG-inspired buys go, i am 100% satisfied and a gigantic tip'o'my hat to Shirow for providing our ears with the grounds to so blissfully play upon =)
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline wildpeaks

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »
On top of my head:
  • Wynardtage (even bought yet another album last week :) )
  • ESC
  • HexRx
  • Ad Inferna
  • iVardensphere
  • japanesesCARCRASH
  • Lost Area
  • The Ludivico Technique
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:37:28 AM by wildpeaks »

Offline thinkingthing

• Cybernetic Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 07:49:32 PM »
Das Ich, Flesh Field, and Solitary Experiments were especially exciting discoveries.... though if I hadn't tripped over DG in college I may have worn out my NIN CDs and left it at that...

Thanks, DigitalGunfire. Thanks for making the music on terrestrial radio sound revolting.

Offline Hunter J7

• alias. Nexus 6
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
  • Bailout Check
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 08:07:54 AM »
Oh, and in response to your actual question:

Mono Chrome (love the fem vocals, top 20 in albums)
Æsthetic Perfection (forever indebted for AVE is now in my top ten in albums)
Emergence (Creeping Hours top 20 in songs)
Faderhead (FH1 top 20 in albums)
Interlace (early days of DG and Imago still remains one of my favs)
Massiv In Mensch (heard Simsalabim on here and had to have it. i know there has been a lot of hate on MIM and the rest of their stuff is OK, but Supermassive Gravity from the Electronic Saviors comp is 'holy shit' -good!
Psyclon Nine (INRI hooked me from the first time i heard them on DG years ago. i don't care who says   what about the sound, but i damn love the sound and i damn love the message)
Ayria
Modulate (i like it hard and dirty=)
Lost Signal
Flesh Field
Grendel
God Module
Agonoize
Reaper
Heimataerde
SEIZE (top 20)
The Retrosic (Desperate Youth top 20 running songs)
Interface

This is only artists i have bought from only hearing on DG over the years. Of course, not my complete playground, but as far as DG-inspired buys go, i am 100% satisfied and a gigantic tip'o'my hat to Shirow for providing our ears with the grounds to so blissfully play upon =)

Hey faelaenx.
What you wrote here I am sorry to say did please me very much despite the fact that today or any other day will not be mine.  I have recently entered into my second coming of industrial music being an old kid I am.  So far I have become very attached to Ayria, Grendel, SEIZE, Faderhead, Lost Signal, God Module, and of coarse Reaper.  Damn good music all this and the many others you have not mentioned yet I will be keeping my ears open for the artists on the list you provided that I am not familiar with as of yet.  Like I first became fascinated with industrial music back in the 1980's.  I guess partly because my life is very industrial.  And the music was just to differently cool which is what got me tuned into music in the first place as the stuff on radios did not do much for me back then.  Bottom line.  I had to get turned away from the scene back then because of various reasons mostly concerning work.  But now my life is still vary industrial and Digital Gunfire has opened the door for this new generation of industrial music for me.  And with the likes of you in here.  You are all helping me to find my own way again.  
Cheers mate.   Hunter J7
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:19:47 AM by Hunter J7 »
NOW I HAVE TO RUN BEFORE THE STORM,  I'LL  FIND MY OWN WAY.

Offline faelaenx

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 12:22:45 AM »
Hey faelaenx.
What you wrote here I am sorry to say did please me very much despite the fact that today or any other day will not be mine.  I have recently entered into my second coming of industrial music being an old kid I am.  So far I have become very attached to Ayria, Grendel, SEIZE, Faderhead, Lost Signal, God Module, and of coarse Reaper.  Damn good music all this and the many others you have not mentioned yet I will be keeping my ears open for the artists on the list you provided that I am not familiar with as of yet.  Like I first became fascinated with industrial music back in the 1980's.  I guess partly because my life is very industrial.  And the music was just to differently cool which is what got me tuned into music in the first place as the stuff on radios did not do much for me back then.  Bottom line.  I had to get turned away from the scene back then because of various reasons mostly concerning work.  But now my life is still vary industrial and Digital Gunfire has opened the door for this new generation of industrial music for me.  And with the likes of you in here.  You are all helping me to find my own way again.  
Cheers mate.   Hunter J7

Cheers to you also mate. i for one really enjoy reading your posts by the way, so keep on doing what you're doing. That was just a quick list of artists that i have to give Shirow and DG my eternal gratitude for over the past several years. If i go back to when i first found DG and was just a 'listener'...i think 6 years ago?  Hell, i think i'd have to add 3/4 of my industrial base - as it's considered now....times have changed indeed - to what DG has brought to mine ears. Happily though. Cheers again =)

Offline Hunter J7

• alias. Nexus 6
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
  • Bailout Check
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 07:00:26 AM »
faelaenx
Those are without doubt the words from a wise observer of the human culture who have ears to music on the edge of alternative society.  The edge of the world.  Kind of like the way my world is on edge.  Thanks for the encouragement.  They do help to shore up my grip on this tiny, small part of the planet I am holding on to.  
Good Day mate,  cheers...  hunterj7..
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:40:23 PM by Hunter J7 »

Offline Hunter J7

• alias. Nexus 6
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
  • Bailout Check
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 07:49:24 PM »
faelaenx
Those are without doubt the words from a wise observer of the human culture who have ears to music on the edge of alternative society.  The edge of the world.  Kind of like the way my world is on edge.  Thanks for the encouragement.  They do help to shore up my grip on this tiny, small part of the planet I am holding on to. 
Sorry about that type error on your name there.  I sure am pleased about the modify option in this section.  It is tough being human sometimes.  My email address is posted on my profile as you know and your suggestion is very plausible.  Send me the contact and I will respond.
Good Day mate,  cheers...  hunterj7..

Offline Hunter J7

• alias. Nexus 6
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
  • Bailout Check
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 05:54:40 PM »
Since getting home from work today, I have been listening to DG and writing my face off.  The other side is not home yet and does not appreciate such well cultured music the fukin dumb ass.  So I have had the last three hours to listen loud and enjoy every note.
Then as I am about to build a fire and put some grub on the stove.  Another best DG surprise damn well knocks me off my feet.  A cover of She`s Lost Control by Left Side Down.  I knew in my heart that it was a cover from Joy Division.  So I requested it as I only saw the name of the cover when I was marking stars on the Left Side Down number that was on at the time.  I thought that it would probably be a while before it came on and by then she would be home and ruin my hope to hear the cover.  Yet it came on right after the LSD that was on.  I could not believe it.  The Joy Division Cover of She`s lost Control.
Thanks to DG for that gift.  And thank you to Left Spine Down for doing such a fabulous job on the cover.  For anybody out there interested.  There is a great movie of the sad tradgedy which happened to the singer of Joy Division, Ian.  I forget his last name right now and my copy is somewhere in my house.   Yet the movie is called Control and is all about the beginning and end of Joy Division.  It is a brilliant piece of work with some real footage of Joy Division in it.
Once again, thank you DG for that great gift.  And I have a question for anybody who is interested. Where did the name Joy Division come from and what does it mean.  I would bet creepster, that you would know if I am correct in thinking that you are from Germany.  ( I knew there was something wrong there ) And to you Shirow.  I am still a bit tapped out after buying this house.  And then getting into a car accident last November that took me off work for about 2 months.  But that will be changing soon and when it does I will be getting my credit card back and will be able to get that LSD from your library along with many others on my wish list.   
PS.  I have not forgotten Shirow.  So far not much but smashed up fire wood from pallets has been coming out of my shop slash studio.  Yet the gear is not to far off especially as the snow is starting to go away and spring and summer might show up here in Newfoundland for a few weeks.  The  sentence for my crazy life.  Winding up in Newfoundland from Vancouver. Oh Well.  Regardless of my sentence.  The way the world is right now.  I will still stand proud and be strong here in Newfoundland.  
Peace and happiness to all in the world even though I know it is still a myth.  

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 08:37:02 PM by Hunter J7 »