Author Topic: Anyone else having this problem?  (Read 15219 times)

Offline faelaenx

• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
Anyone else having this problem?
« on: March 06, 2011, 01:39:56 AM »
Is this the way it is or did my manwhore of a PC (i actually do not condone the use of the word 'whore' at all, but you gotta admit, the word 'manwhore' is pretty funny=) catch something behind my back? (which would be in front of me incidentally) Whenever i go into the forum the header disappears. No DG symbol for me to click on and get back to the homepage. i have to reload DG from my Favs in order to get to the home. This only happens when i go into Community. This is very recent; last week or so.

So did i *cough* catch something?
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline elektrozid

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else having this problem?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 06:16:20 AM »
That's like someone saying "my car doesn't start". We need more information about your system (OS, Antivirus or Security stuff, Browser, Extensions).

Offline swarmofcats

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 02:31:21 PM »
It doesn't sound like a virus or anything.  Probably just a messed up cache file or something to do with your browser's temporary files.

Offline Hunter J7

• alias. Nexus 6
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
  • Bailout Check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 03:28:51 PM »
Am I to presume this problem is the one I had yesterday when the DG page would not come up for me. 
Was out in the woods for the weekend and after work yesterday went to tune in and could not connect all night.  Over and over again was check the spelling.   I was worried I had banished myself from this digital theater by doing or saying something not so clever. 
Must say that what a sense of relief when my usual signal came in right on cue today. 
Thanks DG.  Its good to be back in the signal loop and back at home to catch it. 
Cheers ...........
NOW I HAVE TO RUN BEFORE THE STORM,  I'LL  FIND MY OWN WAY.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 09:29:09 AM »
That was a DNS problem.. nothing on your end. It should be all fixed now.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline faelaenx

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 02:50:41 AM »
That was a DNS problem.. nothing on your end. It should be all fixed now.

Thanks Shirow for seeing it. However, it just occurred again =?   ?
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline faelaenx

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 01:19:43 AM »
Still occurring. It's fine on my work PC so it must be something with Juno, my home computer. She earned that name due to her severe jealousy complex.

The DG icon still doesn't appear for me and i have to either reload to the homepage or back arrow. As far as info goes, if anyone has ever read me in the past, i'm no techie, but here goes...

i use Firefox, always updated when needed
HP Pavilion
Windows OS

Other than that i'm not sure what to add (i'm sure there are plenty of you out there shaking your heads or slamming your fists).

As far as cache or cookies or whatever - i have no idea. i got my first computer at 27 and have had to muddle my way through. Didn't grow up with it, never knew it. So i'm really behind the times for my age and that makes me feel inadequate at times and i hate that shit. However, i learn very quickly once exposed to new learning.

Problem is that there is not a lot of extra 'learning' in the circles i live in. i live in a trailer park for hell's sake (i wanted to put in way more vulgar expletives, but decided not to). My one neighbor burned his shed down by accident last summer and caused a whole street FD lock-down (because trailers catch fire and spread fire combustible-y easily). Another calls the cops over to chase her brother out of her house - and i swear she is sleeping with him. Across the street this poor old senile guy likes to come out in thongs in the summer, BBQing with budlite.

Crazy but funny shit.

Point is, i still can't figure out why something in this 'connection of tubes'  is preventing me from experiencing the full DG experience now. Mind you, i'm no bourgeoisie, but i'd like to 'get my full flavor' like we say in the D. So what am i doing wrong?  (open-ended question-lots of responses GO......

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 08:01:05 PM »
So, is the only problem that you don't see the DG logo? Or are you having other problems as well?
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline faelaenx

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 11:02:27 PM »
So, is the only problem that you don't see the DG logo? Or are you having other problems as well?

Well, now that you mention it...

When i reply in the forums i no longer have the options bar above the message window - Bold, Italic, Underline, Font Size & Color - all that jazzy jazziness. Don't know why i didn't think of it before since i have to use IE at work and have no problems there...so i tried IE at home after many years. And the problems aren't there. So it must have something to do with Firefox? i actually started using Firefox years ago when i first stumbled upon DG and the then-site advocated the use of Firefox. i had never heard of it but looked into it; and haven't looked back since. Really, i've had no issues with the browser, so i can only conclude this must be something to do with my settings and not the browser itself.

And really this isn't that big a deal, as obviously i can maneuver my way around it with a few extra clicks and typing - my fingers aren't so well versed at typing out the requirements for my friends Bold, Italic and Underline that bring so much more inflection to the read word. And i really don't know how to do Font Size/Color without the click of a button, but obviously i can look it up - i'm certainly not that lazy or inconvenienced.  i'm more concerned about the why and if it might be a bigger issue that i might have to look into.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 05:52:03 AM »
Have you installed any addons like NoScript?
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline faelaenx

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 11:08:38 PM »
Have you installed any addons like NoScript?

Yes, i do have that, but from the onset, i 'allowed' anything and everything to do with this site. i haven't seen any symptoms of 'disavow-ness' here that i have seen on so many other sites.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 05:43:55 AM »
That sounds like the problem.. try disabling it completely.

You can also check by downloading another browser like Google Chrome and see if that shows the same symptoms.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline faelaenx

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 08:02:25 PM »
That sounds like the problem.. try disabling it completely.

You can also check by downloading another browser like Google Chrome and see if that shows the same symptoms.

Though i had noscript disabled, it seems i also had Adblock Plus - which i didn't even realize i had. Ah well, problem solved and my immense gratitude Shirow!

Offline Hunter J7

• alias. Nexus 6
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
  • Bailout Check
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 05:46:52 PM »
Still occurring. It's fine on my work PC so it must be something with Juno, my home computer. She earned that name due to her severe jealousy complex.

The DG icon still doesn't appear for me and i have to either reload to the homepage or back arrow. As far as info goes, if anyone has ever read me in the past, i'm no techie, but here goes...

i use Firefox, always updated when needed
HP Pavilion
Windows OS

Other than that i'm not sure what to add (i'm sure there are plenty of you out there shaking your heads or slamming your fists).

As far as cache or cookies or whatever - i have no idea. i got my first computer at 27 and have had to muddle my way through. Didn't grow up with it, never knew it. So i'm really behind the times for my age and that makes me feel inadequate at times and i hate that shit. However, i learn very quickly once exposed to new learning.

Problem is that there is not a lot of extra 'learning' in the circles i live in. i live in a trailer park for hell's sake (i wanted to put in way more vulgar expletives, but decided not to). My one neighbor burned his shed down by accident last summer and caused a whole street FD lock-down (because trailers catch fire and spread fire combustible-y easily). Another calls the cops over to chase her brother out of her house - and i swear she is sleeping with him. Across the street this poor old senile guy likes to come out in thongs in the summer, BBQing with budlite.

Crazy but funny shit.

Point is, i still can't figure out why something in this 'connection of tubes'  is preventing me from experiencing the full DG experience now. Mind you, i'm no bourgeoisie, but i'd like to 'get my full flavor' like we say in the D. So what am i doing wrong?  (open-ended question-lots of responses GO......

Problems with the sight. 
I had been away for the last week due to internal issues and then when I got on today.  Everything was up with the full page logos and stuff.  Sound coming out good.  But then it stopped.  I bumped around my Toshiba which I call HOC, House Of Commons.   which is like the Canadian version of the White House I guess.  My Mom suggested that to me knowing my moderate speed at technology and information intake...  When I got my first HOC 5 years ago.  I was stumped but sure stumbled and virused my way around I guess.  Asking techies to help me with some guidence and that would always seem like they had an immediate mission to show me how fast they could do it.  Which basically gave me no insight of how to do it which was the main reason for asking guidance.  It still takes me awhile to figure things out and then how to remember what I just figured out. 
I know.  Ha Ha ...But I do try and get a bit from whom I ever enquire.  Thanks.  But damn if computers did not come into my life untill I am near on top of the hill. 
So getting back to my point.  I lost the sound with the logo still up.  And after trying to make it come back, it did for a bit and then dissapeared again.  I went back to the silence of doing my weekend chores and procrastinating on the rest. 
But then I tryed a different rout to the sound or signal which I had accidentally seen before and it worked.  The sound came back on and all was good again except that reading what my commrads have to say can encourage me to procrastinate my damn taxes which I have 7 days left and this week is going to be physically tough.
So I guess the bottom line is that sometimes when things go haywire.  I can go around it and sometimes it gets me deeper in the hole. 
By the way faelaenx,  have you ever seen the Trailor Park boys.  Done in Dartmouth Nova Scotia.  Its a crazy world there too.  like one of the worlds I got messed up in in the North Coast of British Columbia.  But it was good at the same time on a positive note.  Sort of.  My first sight of financial evil...Bla Bla Bla. 
Later all,  as I stumble my way through the threads of the Forum.   

NOW I HAVE TO RUN BEFORE THE STORM,  I'LL  FIND MY OWN WAY.

anything