Author Topic: Web Based Player  (Read 7240 times)

Offline faelaenx

• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
Web Based Player
« on: March 02, 2007, 04:27:23 PM »
i've been meaning to ask this ever since joining back in July of 06. This site (which is always playing if i am awake!) introduced me to Moxilla Firefox, which i love. Much more so than Internet Explorer (i have some unexplainable deep-rooted mistrust of Microsoft in general). Only i cannot get the web based player to work through Mozilla as it will in Explorer. When i attempt to use it it states that "additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page". When i click on the 'install additional plugins' there are no suitable plugins to be found.

Electronic and industrial music has been the symphony of my days for the past 14 years now, but i'm probably one of the few members here that is not all that computer literate. Hell, i never even had access to one until i bought my first one at age 26! So any advice here would be greatly appreciated. i am assuming that i have to manually install the plugin, but i have no idea which one or where to find it.

much gratus!

BTW, this is my first post!

:D
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline x0n1c

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ffb.headplug.com
Web Based Player
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 11:12:11 PM »
I am using Winamp myself for listening to Digital Gunfire. You can find the player for free at www.winamp.com. I don't understand why you're not able to install the missing plugin, the web-based player seems to work fine with my FireFox. Make sure you have the latest version of FireFox(which is 2.0.2 at the moment) and try installing flash player from here.
img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/wolf_N32/xonicbanner.jpg[/img]

FFB'S HEADPLUG

Offline faelaenx

• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
Web Based Player
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 12:04:36 AM »
Thanks for the reply x0n1c! i actually upgraded Firefox earlier this week and i downloaded flash player again, just in case.  Unfortunately the web based player still hates me :(

i suppose it's not that big of a deal since i play it through itunes anyway, but dammit i wish i knew why it won't work. Is winamp better to play through (i really hate using media player) or is it just personal taste?
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline EvilCouch

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Worlds Worst WebComic
Web Based Player
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 12:37:26 AM »
I haven't bothered to do a side-by-side comparison recently, but Winamp generally has a lower memory and CPU footprint than itunes or WMP, because it loads less flashy crap.

The audio quality is going to be pretty much the same with all of them.

So depending on your criteria, Winamp is better, but generally speaking, it doesn't matter.

Offline Page

• Cybernetic Grunt
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cdpage.deviantart.com
Web Based Player
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 10:32:56 PM »
I have to agree with evil, unless you haave some sorta plug in for a program, likely winamp they should play the same no matter what.

at least from my understanding of things