Author Topic: Suddenly unable to listen!  (Read 13543 times)

Offline Valthonis

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
Suddenly unable to listen!
« on: November 04, 2014, 07:27:23 PM »
Well actually starting like less than a week ago, I've been trying off and on with no luck. I click the play button on the main website, I get no music, and after 3 or 4 seconds the button goes back to the play button rather than staying the pause button. I've tried using the 128k stream link as well and nothing plays. Any suggestions?

Offline knives2k

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Suddenly unable to listen!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 11:16:18 AM »
Same problem here, please help!

Offline evilcorvette

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 02:02:25 PM »
Im also having the same issue.  Ive tried adjusting security settings and registering again with no luck.  No music.  Whats up?

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 08:29:21 AM »
I lost 2/3 of the relays so they are always full right now, unfortunately. I'm trying to get more bandwidth.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline LarryTaylor

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 10:48:16 AM »
Have not been able to hear the music through the website for a few days now using my PC and winamp.
Fortunately I have just been able to connect to digitalgunfire stream via Shoutcast.com.  Listening now.
I missed your stream.  How can I contribute money?  I live in Wisconsin so sending you a check would be no problem.
Have been listening to digitalgunfire for  a few years now so time to step up.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 08:43:06 AM »
Unfortunately, I need a permanent solution to get more bandwidth, and it's not cheap :(
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline Unhuman

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 07:56:12 PM »
Know this is an old thread, but didn't think it worth starting a new one - but it's just died in the middle of one of my fave Funker Vogt tracks (not that there's any such thing as a not favourite FV track)! I can NEVER get DG via TuneIn (as in the app - I'm on iOS), but I've had better luck with a German app simply called Radio.net.

I know you've got bandwidth issues, so I'll be patient. I don't want you to disappear, because you're the station with the broadest range of bands I've found. Other stations get repetitive - one in particular will repeat the same track several times an hour, familiarity and all that.

We've one industrial station here in Blighty, run by the dudes responsible for our little Infest fest, I believe, but he doesn't mix it up enough - I don't have the energy for 2 hours of industrial techno these days!

I'll be patient (they said, lying?).

Solidarity, bro!

SJ.

Offline JimmyReload

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Crash Hats
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 03:27:28 PM »
There shouldn't be a bandwidth problem at the moment. I run an EU relay and it's yet to hit maximum capacity.

Also, when did you last try TuneIn? It works for me. I recently upgraded the shoutcast software which *I think* may have resolved some issues with finding the station via shoutcast indexes.

Offline Unhuman

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 01:36:36 PM »
When I posted that, I'd tried TuneIn first, refused to connect at all (literally left it for around 10 minutes, but no dice), then I tried Radio.de, which lasted for about 10-15, then dropped, and wouldn't return.

I've not tried within the last few days, because DG takes energy I simply don't have at the mo (which has had me literally crying with frustration - being high-functioning autistic AND confined to bed with a chronic illness is more than I can cope with. If I lived in a country where MJ was legal, things would be VERY different; if I wasn't stuck back with my parents I could probably get hold of it here, but convincing a couple of Tories that it's illegal for reasons other than what the government says it is, and that it has life-restoring health benefits (not to mention the effect it would have on my autism) is impossible. If they didn't read about summat in the Torygraph, or hear about it on the BBC, it ain't true - and they say I'M the one who ain't living in the real world. <SIGH>. Apologies, today's been shite to say the least).

Peace, Love 'n' Bacon

SJ
🐷X❤️X💛X💚X🐷

Offline Fairra

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 02:34:07 PM »
I dun wanna start a new topic, so Ima just post this here. I can't seem to play from the main site either. I was able to a few weeks back, but now I press the play button only for it to flash to the pause and right back to the play icon. I can run it through WMP, but I don't wanna have to have two windows open. One for WMP and the main site so I can see what it is I'm listening to. I haven't seen any replies so far. . .but I thought I'd take a shot someone could help me.

Offline JimmyReload

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Crash Hats
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 03:25:44 PM »
Weird. There seems to have been a glitch in the matrix.
It should be back up and running now.

Offline Fairra

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 02:46:10 AM »
It is! oh thankies! ♥♥♥♥

Offline Fairra

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 07:36:47 PM »
Again, dun like making new topics if there is a place already open for the problems. Its back again, Same problem I had before with the play button. I clicked it, it flashes then. . .nothing.

Offline JimmyReload

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Crash Hats
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2016, 01:29:06 PM »
It should be fixed again. Why do these things always happen over a holiday or Friday night. I'll have to look into some way of monitoring the service which will automatically restart it when this happens. I think it happens when maintenance on the network takes place, a route to the DG source is lost momentarily and then shoutcast just goes into a bit of a mental loop and never reconnects. Maybe there's a bug filed that's been fixed? Something else to look into should I manage to find the time.

Lots of meh, either way, it should be fixed.