Author Topic: Rivetheads - What do you wear?  (Read 78684 times)

Offline creepster

• Don't Take It Personally
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
  • mess with the best - die like the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Rivetheads - What do you wear?
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2009, 09:24:55 PM »
Yo LungerTony, post pics of the gasmask in question

i want to go blind

the avatar isnt good enough already?
Theory is when you know everything and nothing works.
Practice is when things work, and no one knows why.
Here we combine theory and practice.
Nothing works and no one knows why.

modified, taken from bash.org

Offline LungerTony

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2009, 10:58:38 PM »

Yeah, I am wearing a black wig in this picture as well.

There is a classic photograph of Serb police beating the shit out of some Albanian piece of shit in Kosovo during the eighties where all four policemen are wearing this exact shitty-old model gas mask. I can't find it online, but once I get settled in new apartment I will find photo, scan and post it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:35:53 PM by LungerTony »

Offline LungerTony

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2009, 11:19:34 PM »
I'm pretty much like the antithesis of "fashion", because I wear whatever the fuck I want typically, but this is the only thing I can think of that could is remotely - fash-ion...

This is something I did on my own, and whatever...
Has anyone ever taken a collared shirt...and cut off the collar (in two separate pieces) then sewed it onto the shoulders. It looks like shit - its a collared shirt with the collars cut off and sewed onto the fucking shoulders...but its looks cool as shit (imo) and trashy as fuck at the same time. I originally did this at a dress up party, as part of a Yugoslav communist costume...but then I started wearing it casually. I've done this with a few old thrift store collared shirts I bought and have actually received comments from it...the fact that they are drunk fuckers is irrevelent, positive comments are positive.
That's the only thing I can contribute to doing anything in regards to fashion and being remotely original at the same time.

Offline LungerTony

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2009, 01:59:28 AM »
Buckle overload. At a certain point, you need to stop and ask yourself...how many buckles do I need on my boots to stomp some piece-of-shit's skull in?
The answer is zero. But some people say one. So one buckle, max.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2009, 10:46:44 AM »
You know, most of the time I don't even feel like I fit in to my own radio station, my wardrobe consists of jeans and t-shirts and my shoes are a pair of grey converse.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline Sylem X

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Forethought
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2009, 01:11:04 PM »
Pics to come.

Those boots are fucking badass, DJ Elektrinate. +1 Internets

Also, i'm curious about the cut off sleeve collar thing. Pics?

and shirow, what does the man behind the radio look like?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:13:35 PM by Sylem X »
--SMX

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2009, 02:43:38 PM »
I'm like, sooooooo totally hot!
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline koggen

• Bandwidth Donator
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Digital Gunfire
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2009, 04:07:45 PM »
You know, most of the time I don't even feel like I fit in to my own radio station, my wardrobe consists of jeans and t-shirts and my shoes are a pair of grey converse.

lol, I agree. I'm mostly just using business pants with a shirt or just jeans and shirt. I'm pretty sure I don't "look like" the music I actually like :)

Offline weedgod

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2009, 11:16:41 PM »
I personally like to wear clothing call me old fashioned.

Offline frog

• Digital Grunt
  • freedom/movement/equality/peace...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2009, 11:28:02 PM »
besides the usual pond scum ....if and when i surface.......i wear whatever is clean and if i forgot to do laundry..........less dirty

Offline Rogue Keeper

• Digital Grunt
  • I deliver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2009, 03:55:45 AM »
I'm not a weird dresser by nature, I prefer to keep lower profile on the street and also since I work in the administrative I can't wear anything wicked at work. Still, I like band/label T-shirts and caps (METROPOLIS RECORDS and FLA shirts being my favourite). I also like various sci-fi, horror, gaming, geekish and movie themed prints on the apparel, but not shocking. When I want to "rivet up" I put on tactical boots, a police belt or "Falcons" (top quality, resistant ballistic shades). Black is the key color, but I don't want to look like a creep all the time, or being mistaken for an Emo, so I combine black with various tones of blue, dark green, beige, grey or white. But nobody's gonna put me into red/orange/violet clothes. =)
Apparel-wise I'm more focused on sci-fi/military direction (and philosophically I think I'm - or prefer to be - a pacifist! I don't own a gun and don't want to, unless some serious social cataclysm happens, but I conceal an electric paralyzer or pepper spray for self defense on my belt, when I go out late night) rather than gothic/horror direction. No camouflage clothing, I think camo patterns are too popular among general crowd nowadays. Decent silver bracelet on my wrist all the time, small dog tags and a gothic cross on my neck. No tattoos or piercings, I'm just not into these things.

Today I wear navy blue shirt with a white Blade Runner logo, a beige jacket and a matching cap with NASA logo. It identifies me as a space exploration enthusiast, hehe.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 06:06:14 AM by Rogue Keeper »
There are two kind of people in this world : Stoics amd Fools

Offline Sergei

• Digital Grunt
  • Rivetheaded Caffeine Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2009, 05:14:27 AM »
I've always found that dressing in a military style (i even have a Cyber gasmask, Spikes and LEDS :D) often leads to people leaving me completely alone. But i'm a pretty solid dude so maybe that works in my favor.
Despite liking the military look lately i've found i'm slowly adopting a rocker kind of look, military dress is fine for going out, but otherwise you just look like some kind of Activist or Terrorist XD
I remember once some people came up to me drunk asking why i was dressed the way I was. I was over getting asked this so i just said "The Zombie Apocalypse has been declared". He didn't have a response, just a weird look and hurried off... I like to think he bought a tonne of canned food and barricaded himself in his house.

However, just a thought, most people who call themselves Rivetheads these days are more Cybergoth than anything else, bright neons, dreadfalls and tubings. I'm not a purist so i don't really care but what does anyone else think of that ?

Offline Rogue Keeper

• Digital Grunt
  • I deliver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2009, 08:24:42 AM »
Perhaps it has a lot to do with how the post-industrial and darkwave/gothic scenes have fused together in last 10-15 years. Or at least, their considerable parts have fused together in musical and sub-cultural terms. Many bands draw inspiration from EBM/industrial as well as gothic/darkwave streams. And maybe it makes some younger rivets confused - they see no problem with calling themselves Rivetheads and looking more like Goths, since their fav artists dress up like Goths too.

But I don't see cybergoths as overly original in terms of their outfit... Ravers have been dressing up almost identically, at least in the first half of 90s. So they look like followers of 1990s Ravers to me (since I've been a Raver more than Rivethead in the 90s, too), now, when I think we can consider the term "Raver" to be outdated. From what I understand, Cybergoths listen to harder dance electronica (tekno, psytrance) as well as post-industrial genres, although there may be individual differences of course.
There are two kind of people in this world : Stoics amd Fools

Offline Izoscine

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Vampirefreaks
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2009, 09:41:31 PM »
Well it depends on whether I'm a)working on a certain day/going clubbing/to a show or have to b) just attend class that day. I generally try to go for that post apocalyptic/ militant look. If it's B, just jeans, converse and a casual top. My style varies from time. Hm, I should get a picture up. o: My favorite clothing items are my boots and Feindflug patched hoodie/jacket.

anything