Author Topic: Looking for feedback from the masses  (Read 2939 times)

Offline New Army

• Digital Grunt
  • The Few, The Proud, The Machines
    • View Profile
    • New Army music is here
Looking for feedback from the masses
« on: October 15, 2009, 08:32:47 AM »
Hello listeners of one of the finest radio stations on the net.  I am only months away from releasing my third album, (first two were with a full band...this one is solo).  I am looking for honest feedback.  No trolls.  No silly business.  If you like it, tell me what you like about it.  If you don't, tell me what needs to be fixed.  Simple review.  My latest song was done with Gary Zon, of Dismantled.  This song is called UnHoly Land.  Other songs are done with artists across the board, and yes....some are hip-hop.  This is not to be frowned upon.  All music was produced by myself and has an industrial background.  The fact that I got MC's to complete the track is part of my evil plan.  If you are kind enough to review some of these tracks, I thank you.  I ask that you do not compare me to another artist.  I am not looking for that.  I am looking for people with an ear for music who can honestly help an independent artist out with directional feedback.  Cheers to you all.  The link below will take you to my ReverbNation profile.  I have about 21 songs on there.  Most are instrumental, and will be finished with vocals in the future.  Thanks again and I hope everyone is well.
www.reverbnation.com/newarmy

Offline thinkingthing

• Cybernetic Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for feedback from the masses
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 04:42:07 PM »
I enjoyed Brighter Days. REVERBNATION player doesn't have a counter, so I set my watch.

The rolling synths in the opener are mysterious, and the hard rhythm that comes in @ 0:18 is motivating.

The dirty guitar @ 0:54 and especially the synths that acompany it @ 1:09 are pleasantly unexpected and exciting.

The melody (melody?) that comes in @ 1:40 is a little boring, and the instrument is kind of generic, but maybe it doesn't need to stand out with everything else going on in the track.

Thanks for posting!

Offline New Army

• Digital Grunt
  • The Few, The Proud, The Machines
    • View Profile
    • New Army music is here
Re: Looking for feedback from the masses
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 09:43:34 PM »

Thank you very much ThinkingThing.  Brighter Days was actually a song I wrote for an online electronic music contest.  I must admit, I am a sucker for sharp synths, and the generic synth is one I have a hard time omitting. I will try to break that habit.  Again, thanks for the feedback

anything